About TRILUX

TRILUX Simplify Your Light represents the most simple and reliable path to customised, energy-efficient and sustainable lighting solutions. In the dynamic and ever more complex lighting market, customers are provided with optimal advice, ideal orientation and perfect light. To ensure this, TRILUX offers a wide portfolio of technologies as well as high-performance partners within the TRILUX Group, and unites single components to create custom-designed complete solutions – always perfectly matched to customer requirements and specific applications.

In this way, complex and extensive projects are simply and rapidly realised from a single source.  According to the principle of "SIMPLIFY YOUR LIGHT", planning, installation and ease of use, besides quality and cost efficiency, is focused on for customers.

Facts and figures

 

Founding year: 1912
Annual turnover 2016: 615 Mio. €
Investment: 47 Mio. € (Ø 2011-2016)
Global employees: approx. 5,200
Sales market: 50 countries
Business partners and subsidiaries: 34

Company history

Progress as tradition

In the beginning, there was the enthusiasm of engineer Wilhelm Lenze for artificial light. Out of this passion, he founded the "Manufacture for luminaire components" in 1912, approx. 30 years after the invention of the incandescent lamp by Thomas Edison, in Menden, Germany. Driven by the desire to create New Light, our founder Wilhelm Lenze prioritised intensive research and development right from the start.

In the beginning, the company focussed on the production of accessories for the luminaire industry as well as on gas-operated and electrically operated suspended and wall-mounted luminaires. In 1934, the headquarters were relocated to Arnsberg and the production was expanded to residential luminaires. The values Lenze established still define us today: commitment to innovation, a deeply rooted belief in quality, and a keen eye for the needs of customers. These remain the foundations of our continuing success story.

Economic miracle and expansion

fluorescent tubes with oblong reflectors, the company experienced considerable growth at the time of the economic miracle, and at end of the 1950s expanded internationally for the first time, into France. Shortly thereafter, the company's striving for progress was integrated into the company's name: TRILUX - "triple light" - goes back to the triple luminous efficiency of light that the long-field luminaires provided in comparison to the conventional incandescent lamp. Until today, twelve legally independent subsidiaries have been established under this name in Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Spain, France, Great Britain, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland and Slovakia.

Due to the destruction of the manufacturing facilities in the Second World War, operations could not be restarted until 1948. The claim with which the company's founder drives forward the intense research and development work is the striving for the perfect light: the objective is to combine ground-breaking technology and practical functionality so that the best solution for a specific area of application is always created. Already in the following year, the company expanded the product portfolio by luminaires for gas discharge lamps as well as street luminaires and stopped the production of incandescent lamp luminaires.Due to a technical innovation of the company, the in-house developed luminaires for

2016

An interdisciplinary team called TRILUX InnoVenture is being set up, it will serve as an in-house ThinkTank for new business models and will pave the way for digital transformation within the company.

2015

TRILUX launched the light management system LiveLink which makes light control as simple as it could be.

2014

The claim “Simplify your Light” was coined to fortify the company’s philosophy of realising complex lighting solutions as simple and service-oriented as possible.

2013

Opening of the ITZ (Innovations- und Technologiezentrum / Innovation and Technology Centre). As a division of the TRILUX Group, it clusters the research and development of all its companies.

2011

Opening of the TRILUX Akademie at the Arnsberg location. The modern advanced training centre offers a versatile portfolio of seminars for lighting professionals.

2009

TRILUX introduces the first truly energy-efficient LED indoor and outdoor lighting.

2008

TRILUX, as the first manufacturer, converts its whole indoor luminaire portfolio to ECG.

2007

TRILUX took over Oktalite Lichttechnik GmbH, Cologne.

2006

Manufacturer Zalux, specialising in weatherproof luminaires, became part of the TRILUX Group.

2004

With the "Athenik", TRILUX brings the first LED downlight for general illumination to the market.

2000

Chinese component manufacturer ICT became part of the TRILUX Group.

1996

Introduction of luminaires for the new generation of fluorescent lamps based on T5 technology as one of the first three manufacturers.

1984

TRILUX took over Swiss lighting component manufacturer BAG.

1978

TRILUX started as one of the first luminaire manufacturers with the development of electronic control gears (ECG) for fluorescent lamps.

1948

Introduction of the first fluorescent lamp lighting in Europe.

1912

 Engineer Wilhelm Lenze founded the “Manufactory for luminaire parts” in Menden, Sauerland. Initially, it produced accessories for the luminaire industry.

TRILUX Group

Today, the TRILUX Group with its concentrated lighting expertise is capable of providing answers in each sector of professional light. Members of the Group comply with the needs of a wide variety of applications – TRILUX represents the sectors of office, outdoor luminaires, industry and education as well as Oktalite for shop & retail and Zalux for functional weather-proof luminaires.

Further specialists are the ITZ (research & development), bag (electronic control gear units), ICT (electronic components) and the online store watt24.